Saturday, May 16, 2015

Liebster Award Tag



Soooooo, apparently nearly a year ago I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Miss Lynsi Keye over at Pro Ama De Narratus, and just a few days ago I found her blog and found out (I had been hunting down my own blog on a device that didn't seem to have history of searching for it, but that's another story). So I thought this is a very long overdue tag post! The rules are fairly simple:

  • Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.
  • List 11 facts about yourself.
  • Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
  • Nominate 9 bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers (you can’t nominate the blogger who nominated you).
  • Ask them 11 questions.
  • Let them know about the nomination.


Thank you to Lynsi for tagging me! :D I hope you've been finding Fence Jumpers to be exciting to read. ^_^

11 Facts about Myself:
  1.  I've visited Washington D.C., and sat on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial around where (if my memory served and if they didn't do any fancy green screen editing) National Treasure filmed a scene. I was quite pleased with myself.
  2. I jumped from the top of a short flight of stairs, convinced I could fly.
  3. I will be a bridesmaid (for the first time ever) this year in my brother's wedding.
  4. I. Love. Jelly Bellies.
  5. I have ridden in a limousine (as a baby).
  6. I have three siblings who are adopted.
  7. I like dunking chocolate chip cookies in orange juice.
  8. My favorite color is a dark-ish shade of teal. The kind where you can't absolutely classify it as green or blue because you can see both. (A lot like the ocean)
  9. I visited the ocean for the first time at age 21, and tasted (by accident) how salty it really is. You may all rest assured the ocean is still quite salty.
  10. I have met one actor and six authors (two of which are my most favorite authors).
  11. I don't like mangoes.

Answering the questions:

1: How long have you been blogging?
A little over a year, I think.

2: What is your inspiration for blogging?
Simply sharing what I write with others. :3

3: Who is your favorite actor/actress?
Ooh… Maggie Smith, maybe.

4: Favorite genre of book/movie?
Fantasy.

5: What are your fandoms?
(I'm assuming TV?) Doctor Who, Merlin, Sherlock, Falling Skies.

6: Do you have plans for adulthood?
I do, but they're still kind of in the works.

7: Public, Private, Online, or homeschooled?
I was homeschooled up to graduation of high school, and now I'm doing college online, via independent study, beginning with CollegePlus (which I would highly recommend!).

8: If you had a super power, what would it be?
Flight. I would want bird wings. :3

9: What is your favorite Bible verse?
1 Corinthians 10:13

10: Favorite quote?
*Deep breath*

"When mothers lay down their lives for children, when brothers die for sisters and sisters for brothers, when father's die for wives and children, when heroes die for strangers on the street, they do not pour out their blood because the one they save deserves such a sacrifice. Nah, lad. Love burns hotter than justice, and its roar is thunder. Beside love, even wrath whispers. Not one of us snatching breath with mortal lungs deserves such a gift, and yet every day such a gift is given … To love is to be selfless. To be selfless is to be fearless. To be fearless is to strip your enemies of their greatest weapon. Even if they break our bodies and drain our blood, we are unvanquished. Our goal was never to live; our goal is to love. It is the goal of all truly noble men and women. Give all that can be given. Give even your life itself."

           "Ashtown Burials: Empire of Bones" by N.D. Wilson

11: Favorite song?
These come in phases, but currently my favorite is Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies), by Chris Tomlin.


My questions for those I tag:
1. Favorite Author?
2. What made you decide to start blogging?
3. Do you outline a story first, or do you jump right in?
4. Fictional crushes?
5. Even if you like to jump right in, what do you do plan a book?
6. Where do you prefer to write?
7. Favorite movie?
8. What fantasy/medieval weapon would you prefer to use?
9. Do you prefer third-person or first-person POVs?
10. Your favorite word?
11. Favorite kind of music?

Nominate 9 bloggers:

I'm afraid I can only think of two. :x Maybe if I find any others I'll add them too. B)

So there you have it. :D Thank you again to the lovely Miss Lynsi for nominating me, even though I didn't see it until just recently. o.o

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :) I'd love to hear from you! Please make sure your comments are clean and appropriate. :)